I am a big fan of online color tools, because they are handy and fast! The more user-friendly they are, the more excited I feel. Today, I will explore 7 Best Online Color Converter Tools in 2021 you’ll find anywhere! So, read on!
Different Color Models
A color model is a way to define a specific color in different systems. As an example, there are more than 16 million colors in the digital world. Then, how do you think designers address them to distinguish each? The RGB color system is one of the popular color models. However, is that the only one? Not at all, there are more than ten color systems in the world right now! Let me introduce popular color systems now!
- Hex: Three byte hexadecimal numbers (meaning they consist of six digits), with each byte, or pair of characters in the Hex code, representing the intensity of red, green and blue in the color respectively. The code bytes ranges is from 00 (the lowest) to ff (the highest).
- CMYK: CMYK color stands for cyan (C), magenta (M), yellow (Y), and black (K for “key”), varies from 0 to 100. To give an example, commercial printing equipment use this color mode to create full-color graphics and images.
- RGB: It stands for Red, Green, and Blue. Hence, they are the three hues of light that can be mixed together to create different colors. Each color code ranges is from 0 to 255 in a RGB color model.
- Lab Color: The LAB color model is based on how much color there is on the green to red axis combined with how much color there is on the blue to yellow axis, combined with a lightness value from light to dark. You can see a diagram here to understand it!
- PMS: Pantone is a company that specializes in products that accommodate color matching, called the Pantone Matching System, or PMS for short.
- HSB: It stands for hue, saturation, and brightness. HSB is an intuitive and user-friendly way to mix custom colors and create the nearest to the one that is in your mind, and you have no idea how it s represented in other models.
- NCol: Natural colors (NCol) is an initiative from W3Schools. The system is designed to make it easier to select HTML colors. NCol specifies colors using a color letter with a number to specify the distance (in percent) from the color. R30 means 30% away from Red , moving towards Yellow.
What is a color converter Tool?
Whether you are using different designing software, or even if you are working with printing digital arts, you need to convert color formats into each others. So, how would you convert them? As they are lots of fast and free online tools, I prefer using them! Now, let’s have review 6 best online color converter tools in 2021!
Dopely online color converter tool helps you to convert between 10 color formats (HEX, RGB, CMYK, HSL, HWB, HSB, LAB, NCOL, CMYK, Pantone) super easy & professional!
As with other Dopely tools, you can save, share, or like your color, or even pick random ones. Moreover, you can upload a photo or enter the url of an image directly into this tool, to choose a color from it to get the color codes.
There’s a modern yet comfortable feel to the design. Also, the conversion results are seen within a second after entering the color code. It is an integral part of Dopely tools, so you can apply the results instantly to other tools like color toner, color palette generator, color blender, and more.
Pretty sure you have heard of w3school, isn’t so? It has a set of color tools that have been helping developers and designers for more than 20 years. So, let’s see the color converter tool.
It helps you to convert color codes between 6 color formats (RGB, HEX, HSL, HWB, CMYK, NCOL) in an instant. The tool is connected with w3school online color picker, so you could see your color harmonies too!
Generally speaking, the feel of designing for the web is far more classic than professional, yet it is widely used by all coders and it is really popular!
RapidTables.com contains quick reference information, tools, calculators and converters. It has a color converter tool which converts colors in 4 formats (HEX, RGB, HSL, HSV) quickly. Neither is there any complication nor any further follow-up, really easy to use.
However, there are no efforts on UX, it loads really fast. Additionally, I had some issues with seeing the preview of my color. You can visit the web tool, as with other tools listed here, by clicking on the picture of the tool or its title.
Nix is a company specializing in measuring colors in the real world rather than supplying digital softwares. That is why you can find rare color system conversion with its online color converter. The software supports five color formats (CIELAB, RGB, HEX, CMYK, and XYZ).
Image-color.com is a web app too, with 4 tools. Its color converter tool supports 5 major formats (HEX, RGB, HSL, HSV and CMYK), including formats with an alpha channel – RGBA, HSLA. Also, you cold find your color harmonies based on color theory by scrolling down.
Zonum Solutions is a set of software tools. Even though Zonum isn’t all about colors, but it has a color converter tool. Its color converter only converts between 2 color formats, RGB and Hex. It isn’t so great right? But wait, I planned to introduce this tool because you can convert more than one color at same time by entering one color code per line!
Calculators is a handy website for anything that needs to be calculated! There is a color converter in the math section of this website that helps you convert between two color formats and lets you see the preview of the color too!
Let me ask you for your ideas! Have you ever used a color converter before? What other color converter do you recommend? Which one works best? Please let me know what you think! I will update the list if you have any suggestions!