We take steps designed to ensure that only those employees who need access to your personal information to fulfill their employment duties will have access to it. We may use and disclose your personal or account information for the following purposes:
- To provide the Site and Services to you and to other users of the Site and Services;
- To improve the quality of the Site and Services through polls, surveys, and other similar feedback gathering activities conducted by Dopely and/or third parties;
- To create, manage and control your account information, and to verify access rights to the Site and Services;
- To bill your account;
- To assess service levels, monitor traffic patterns, and gauge popularity of different features and service options of the Site and/or Services;
- To protect against fraud or error, and to respond to claims of any violation of our rights or those of any third parties;
- To respond to your requests for customer service;
- To protect the rights, property, or personal safety of you, us, our users, and the public; and
- As required to comply with applicable laws or as authorized by applicable laws.
For the purposes of billing your account (if you have a paid account) and in order to process payments, Dopely utilizes third-party payment gateways, such as Stripe and Paypal, who will utilize your credit card and other payment information in accordance with their respective privacy policies. Dopely shall not be liable to you or any other person for any damages that might result from unauthorized use, publication, disclosure or any other misuse of such payment information, including credit card information.
We may occasionally communicate with you regarding our products, services, news, and events. You have the option to not receive this information. We provide an opt-out function within all email communications of this nature or will cease to communicate with you for this purpose if you contact us and tell us not to communicate this information to you. The only kind of these communications that you may not “opt-out” of are those required to communicate announcements related to the Services, including information specific to your Account, planned Services suspensions, and outages. We will attempt to minimize this type of communication to you.
Neither the Site nor the Services are intended for children under 13 years of age, and no one under age 13 may provide any personal information to, on, or through the Site or Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information to, on or through the Site or Services, make any purchases through the Site or Services, use any of the interactive or public comment features, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at the email address provided in the paragraph above.
- Rights to Your InformationYou have the right to access and edit your information at any time through the web interface provided as part of the Services. On written request and subject to proof of identity, you may access the personal information that we hold, used, or communicated and ask that any necessary corrections be made, where applicable, as authorized or required by law. However, to make sure that the personal information we maintain about you is accurate and up to date, please inform us immediately of any change in your personal information by mail or e-mail.
Under the GDPR, you may be entitled to additional rights, including: (i) the right to withdraw consent to processing where consent is the basis of processing; (ii) the right to access your personal information and certain other supplementary information, under certain conditions; (iii) the right to object to unlawful data processing, under certain conditions; (iv) the right to erasure of personal information about you, under certain conditions; (v) the right to demand that we restrict processing of your personal information, under certain conditions, if you believe we have exceeded the legitimate basis for processing, processing is no longer necessary, are processing, or believe your personal information is inaccurate; (vi) the right to data portability of personal information concerning you that you provided us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, under certain conditions; (vii) the right object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you, under certain conditions; (viii) the right to lodge a complaint with data protection authorities. If you want to learn more about your rights under the GDPR, you can visit the European Commission’s page on Data Protection.
- Your California Privacy RightsCalifornia Civil Code Section §1798.83 permits users of the Site and/or Services who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email] with “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your email address in response.
- Aggregated DataWe may also use your personal information to generate Aggregated Data for internal use and for sharing with others on a selective basis. “Aggregated Data” means records that have been stripped of information potentially identifying users, and which have been manipulated or combined to provide generalized, anonymous information. Your identity and personal information will be kept anonymous in Aggregated Data.
- Third Parties’ & Interest-Based AdsWe do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt-out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
- Change of Ownership or Business TransitionIn the event of a change of ownership or other business transition, such as a merger, acquisition, or sale of our assets, your information may be transferred in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
- Security and RetentionWe will strive to prevent unauthorized access to your personal information, however, no data transmission over the Internet, by wireless device, or over the air is guaranteed to be 100% secure. We have implemented and maintain reasonable security procedures and practices (based on the nature of the information we collect) to protect that information from unauthorized disclosure. We will continue to enhance security procedures as new technologies and procedures become available.
We strongly recommend that you do not disclose your password to anyone.
Please remember that you control what personal information you provide while using the Site and Services. Ultimately, you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your identification, passwords, and/or any personal information in your possession for the use of the Site and/or Services. Always be careful and responsible regarding your personal information. We are not responsible for, and cannot control, the use by others of any information which you provide to them and you should use caution in selecting the personal information you provide to others through the Site or Services. Similarly, we cannot assume any responsibility for the content of any personal information or other information which you receive from other users through the Site or Services, and you release us from any and all liability in connection with the contents of any personal information or other information which you may receive using the Site or Services. We cannot guarantee or assume any responsibility for verifying, the accuracy of the personal information or other information provided by any third party. You release us from any and all liability in connection with the use of such personal information or other information of others.
We will maintain your personal information for as long as they are needed, or as required by applicable laws, regulations, or government orders.